What can be bad than not being able to conceive? When couples are not able to conceive, there surely has to be a problem with either of them. More often than not, it is always a woman who is considered to be suffering from problems. However, men too play an equal part. It may be a cause of low sperm count. Only clinical tests will be able to determine this aspect. Now that you have been diagnosed with low sperm count, you are sure to be reading articles and information on how to increase sperm count. There is nothing to worry about. You should know every problem has a solution and this is no exception.
Before you start digging the treatments, it is always better to know the basics, like, its causes, symptoms, what exactly it is and so on. Knowing all these aspects makes it easier to look for perfect treatment.
What Exactly is Low Sperm Count?
To be precise, it is called as sperm concentration or oligospermia. The complete absence of it is called as azoospermia. For what may seem quick for some, it is normal for others. However, low sperm count plays an important role as it can lead to some health problems. It even leads to not being able to conceive. Still did not understand? Well, the semen you ejaculate is low or few during the orgasms that leads to not being able to conceive.
How is Sperm Counted?
It is measured per milliliter that is ejaculated. When talking about low sperm count, the count is less than 20 million sperm per milliliter. Normal sperm count is around 40-300 million per milliliter.
What is Normal Sperm Count Then?
World Health Organization (WHO) has offered a great definition for normal sperm count. In order for it to be considered normal, the semen total volume should be more than 2ml while the sperm concentration should be 20 million per milliliter or more. To be precise, 25% of sperm cells should be dead, in simple words, 75% of sperms should be alive.
Symptoms of Low Sperm Count
- Not able to conceive – This is probably the major symptom of low sperm count. It is basically an inability to get your partner pregnant. According to a Fertility Specialist, one year is considered to be sufficient time for couples to conceive. Low sperm count is the reason if the couples are not able to conceive even after trying for a year.
- Lump – Another red flag that tells you are suffering from low sperm count is when you notice a lump or swelling in the testicle area. Many men tend to neglect this aspect thinking it is a minor issue. However, you are advised to seek medical help if you experience pain or feel a lump in the testicle area.
- Facial or body hair deficiency – Another visible sign of low sperm count is facial or body hair deficiency. Shaving depends upon a man, some have to do it twice a week while others need to do only once a week. However, this does not indicate you are suffering from low sperm count. Lack of facial hair can be noticed if you have a hormonal deficiency.
Causes of Low Sperm Count
There are a number of causes for low sperm count. Before you jump to finding how to increase sperm count it is wise to know the causes of low sperm count. To help you familiarize, mentioned are some of them:
Smoking – Not many men tend to take the smoking issue seriously. Regular smoking can damage male fertility. It can reduce the sperm count and even the lifespan of it.
- Alcohol consumption – Too much of alcohol is toxic to the sperm. This further reduces the minerals and vitamins from your body. You should know a neglected liver can be the reason for estrogen rise. Excessive alcohol leads to reducing the quality and count of sperms.
- Stress – Stressful situations causes hormonal changes which affect your sperm count to a great extent. It interferes with the hormones needed for sperm production.
- Overheating of scrotum – Another common cause of low sperm count is overheating of scrotum or testicles. It mainly includes electric blankets, hot baths and saunas which can overheat the cells producing sperms. Scrotal temperature can also be increased due to heat produced by the battery when you keep your laptop on your knees. Long hours of sitting or driving or keeping your legs crossed can trap the heat. All this can lead to a reduction in sperm production.
- Varicocele – It is basically a swelling of the veins. It is one of the main causes of male infertility. The swelling further prevents cooling of the testicles thus leading to low sperm count.
- Industrial chemicals – Apart from health issues, certain environmental issues are also a cause of low sperm count like long exposure to industrial chemicals. It mainly includes xylene, benzenes, pesticides, painting materials and more. Other than this, heavy metal exposure is also a cause for low sperm count.
When to See a Specialist?
It is the time you seek medical help if you find any of the symptoms. Mentioned are some factors that tell you to meet your doctor immediately:
- Having problem with erection or ejaculation
- Low sex drive
- Pain or lump in the testicle area
- Hereditary sexual problems or prostate issues
- Done groin, scrotum, penis or testicle surgery
Treatment Available For Low Sperm Count
There is nothing to worry much. Science is always a step ahead when it comes to offering effective treatment. Low sperm count treatment is not far behind. Getting diagnosed with low sperm count is not a problem anymore as there are various treatment solutions available. However, the treatment completely depends upon the diagnosis.
- Surgery – Surgery is often conducted during the vein swelling. The testicles need to be fixed surgically or repaired.
- Hormonal treatment – Healthcare experts also prescribe medication in order to change the hormonal levels. You are sure to notice some effect but only after three to six months.
- Infection – In a case of infection, antibiotics are offered that helps in curing the reproductive tract infection. However, it is not always a right option.
When science fails, there is always ayurvedic medicine at your rescue. Rejuspermin capsule is a perfect and effective ayurvedic medicine for premature ejaculation. There are great benefits associated with this ayurvedic medicine. It does the work by improving sperm motility, correcting erectile dysfunction, enhances sperm count, prolongs ejaculation, and increases libido. Rejuspermin capsules are your perfect answer if you are suffering from erectile dysfunction, male infertility, low sperm count and more. Made with pure extracts of ingredients like Kraunch beej, Gokshuru, Amla, Shweta musli and more, each of the ingredients present is important and plays their part in treating low sperm count. You are highly advised to consult a healthcare expert for the intake of capsules. Ensure you have it as per the physician’s advice. One of the major benefits you stand to procure is it helps in enhancing libido, sexual performance, helps to deal with low sperm count, enhances male potency and more.
Natural Ways to Treat Low Sperm Count
If you detest medicines, know there is always a natural way to combat low sperm count issue. Some of it includes:
- A balanced diet that is rich in vitamins, whole grains, minerals and vegetables. Your healthy lifestyle should include a blend of herbs, minerals and vitamins.
- Exercise on a regular basis. It can be walking, jogging or even doing yoga. Ensure you dedicate 45 minutes of your time every day.
- Try not to put on weight
- Get away from stress
- Quit smoking
- Lower the consumption of alcohol
- Do not wear tight underwear; avoid saunas, hot tubs, and more
Dose: 1 to 3 capsules twice daily along with milk for 3 months (as per physician’s advice)
These are just some of the factors that determine low sperm count. There is nothing to worry much. Seek medical help and fight low sperm count.