You will not find many women actually excited when talking about menstruation. Obviously, the pain, hormonal change, mood swings and so on is not easy to digest. However, the importance of it is felt only when you miss it for a month. You suddenly start to care and love the menstruation cycle which was detested the last month for coming on time. Women tend to face a lot of problems as far as menstruation is concerned. For a month, the menstruation does not appear, or it even shows up without giving any warning, just like an uninvited guest. Do not worry as there is a treatment available for irregular menstrual cycle. You are sure to have a lot of questions hovering in your mind. Before you jump to any conclusion, it is wise to understand the mechanics of it.
What is a regular menstrual cycle?
Well, as the name suggests, the normal menstrual cycle is consistent. A normal cycle interval tends to be of 28 days. However, it varies from one woman to another. It can even range from 20-35 days.
What is irregular period all about?
You might have already understood what an irregular menstrual cycle is all about. In simple words, the interval varies on each month of the menstrual cycle. If you have often been bleeding like say every 21 days or can even last a little longer than usual like say if you have a menstrual cycle of 5 days it might last for 8 days. You should know that missed, late or even early periods tend to come into the category of irregular period.
It is quite common for women to face or experience irregular period. However, not many tend to pay much attention to it thinking it is quite natural. There are some women who start thinking for the reasons that might have led to irregular periods.
Symptoms of irregular period
Having an irregular menstrual cycle is not a disease that requires medications. However, you need to really worry and consider irregular menstrual cycle treatment if you find any of the mentioned symptoms.
- Missed two periods in spite of not taking any birth control pills
- Missed two of your regular menstrual cycles
- Your periods suddenly stop for more than 90 days — and you're not pregnant
- You bleed for more than seven days
- You bleed more heavily than usual or soak through more than one pad or tampon every hour or two
- Your periods are less than 21 days or more than 35 days apart
- You bleed between periods
- You develop severe pain during your period
Causes of irregular period
There are innumerable reasons that cause irregular menstrual cycle. Every woman is sure to experience irregular period at some point of time. Though it is not dangerous it is always better to be on the safer side by knowing the causes of it:
- Pregnancy – This is one of the major reason or causes that tell you might be having an irregular menstrual cycle. During pregnancy, the body tends to produce various hormonal levels. This further causes the menstruation to halt.
- Food - Not many women know, but the type of food you eat also plays a prominent role in being a major cause of irregularity of menstrual cycle. To be specific, the weight of your body also determines the delay. If your diet mostly consists of foods that are rich in unhealthy carbs, weight gain and so on, you are following the trail of the irregular menstrual cycle. This further leads to producing different levels of hormones.
- Stress - Stress is another common cause of irregular menstrual cycle. No matter whether it is chronic stress or short term anxiety, it is enough to spoil the hormonal balance which later causes missed or irregular periods.
- Exercise - It is quite right that exercising is good for health. However, exercising too much can create havoc, as your body needs energy in order to menstruate. Exercising too much leads to burning of the energy which leaves nothing for the menstrual cycle.
- Contraceptive pills - It takes months for our body to adapt to the contraceptive or the birth control pills. This can also cause a delay in the periods.
When talking about ayurvedic medication Gynocare Capsule/Syrup is the most considered one. The ingredients include Ashoka, Lodhra, Mushta, Durva, Nagkeshar and more. This ayurvedic medicine for irregular periods is natural and does not offer any adverse effects. It helps in correcting the irregular menstrual cycle, restoring the hormonal balance, improving clotting and more. It does the work by toning the uterus that further helps in reducing the bleeding in case of heavy bleeding. It also helps in detoxifying the blood and boosts digestion.
If you detest medicines, consider going the natural way. Your kitchen surely has some magical recipes that will offer treatment to the irregular periods.
- Ginger – It helps in offering relief from the menstrual pain and helps to deal with the delayed or irregular periods.
- Sesame seeds – These seeds are perfect when it comes to regulating the menstrual cycles.
- Turmeric – Turmeric has proved to be effective in treating various health problems and even irregular periods. It helps in balancing the hormones. The anti-inflammatory properties help in offering relief.
- Carrot juice – Carrot being a great iron source can be used in treating irregular menstrual periods.
- Fennel – The antispasmodic properties offers relief to the menstrual cramps and also to offer balance to the hormones.
Now that you have all the knowledge on the causes, symptoms, and the available ayurvedic or home remedies to treat irregular menstrual cycle, you know what to do when you face them.